For Filipino Parents of Japanese-Filipino Children (JFC) who are travelling to Japan with the children

If the purpose of visit falls in one of the following categories; if a Filipino Parent of JFC wishes to bring up the JFC, who is under 20 years old, alone,

  1. ) To live in Japan as long-term resident in order to raise the child in Japan.
  2. ) To stay in Japan for a short period (within 90 days) for preparation and prelimenary inspection for possible long-term stay with the child in the future.
  3. ) To stay in Japan for a short period (within 90 days) to conduct necessary procedures such as looking for Japanese father's whereabouts, being acknowledged by Japanese Father, etc.

**Except those who obtained a Certificate of Eligibilty (COE), please refer to the Embassy of Japan website for the details.

requirements(All documents issued/prepared in the Philippines must be original except those specifically stated as photocopy.)
  • Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
  • Available at the Embassy website, at the entrance of the Embassy or at any of the accredited travel agencies.
  • Application form should be filled out all items correctly, if item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A].
  • Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature or no date in the form, or with erasures, may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly or wrong information.
  • Specs: 45mm long x 35mm wide, with white background. No eyeglasses.
  • Photo must be taken within 6 months.
  • Please write applicant's name and birthdate on back side of the photo.
  • Photo must be pasted on the application form.
  • IT must be issued within one year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
  • If the birth certificate from the Philippine Statistics Office (PSA) is unreadable, or has incomplete information
    • Please submit the birth certificate issued by PSA together with a birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar.
  • If the birth certificate is "late registration"
    • Please submit in addition, a baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137) from highschool or elementary and School Yearbook (if possible).
  • If there is no record in PSA
    • Please submit a "Certificate of Non-Record" from PSA together with a birth certificate from the Local Civil Registrar.
  • must be issued within one (1) year from PSA MAin Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
  • must be issued within one (1) year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
  • Please refer to 1. 1.~4. above
  • Bank Certificate (original) and Income Tax Return (ITR) Form 2316 (clear copy)
  • Income Certificate from City Hall
  • Tax Certificate from City Hall
  • Bank Certificate
  • Tax Return Filing (Kakuteishinkokusho)
  • Tax Return Certificate (Nozeishomeisho: Form 2) from Tax Office
  • SEC Certification of Incorporation
  • DSWD Certificate of Registration


  • The document should include address, phone number, and name of contact person of the company.
  • The document should include address, phone number, and name of contact person of the school.


    • Application can be filed through accredited agencies. (Please check embassy website for the list of accredited travel agencies or you may get one through fax service by the MInistry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo. You may also get a list at the visa gate of the Embassy of Japan in Manila
    • Applicants may also apply directly at the Embassy of Japan. Application time is from 8:40AM to 11:00AM on weekdays only.



  • It is suggested to apply for a visa well-ahead of the desired date of departure to Japan.
  • All documents must be original unless otherwise stated.
  • Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If documents is other size, please submit copy that is already adjusted in A4 size from its original and without staples or pasting pages.
  • Submitted documents will not be returned. However, if the document/s cannot be issued or reproduced (e.g. rare and important documents), the embassy will keep a copy and the original will be returned to the applicant(s). 



  • In case of a lost receipt, a Police Report together with a Notarized Affidavit of Loss should be submitted to the Embassy.
  • The embassy will only examine genuine documents. Any visa application with forged documents or wrong information will be denied.
  • If the applicant/s cannot submit additional requirements within one (1) month, the application/s will be terminated.
  • Reason of denied applications will not be disclosed


Click here to see your activities