Japan VisaWhat you need to know
Only package tour conducted by registered travel agency in Japan with ERFS. uhi
Tourist Visa
Relatives of a resident in Japan within third degree may apply now. (Invitation Letter with Written Pledge required.) uhi
Visiting Relatives Visa
Documents to prove relationship required. uhi
Visiting Friends or Distant Relatives Visa
"Certificate for Completion of Registration to the ERFS system" (photocopy) required. uhi
Visa for Commercial Purpose
Same as “Visiting Friends or Distant Relatives” or “Visiting Relatives” above. uhi
Visit Relatives/Friends Invited by US Military Personnel (SOFA Status)
Frequently Asked Questions - Requirements

Determine the purpose of your stay in Japan then check the list of requirements for the specified category/purpose (Tourist, Visit Relatives, Commercial Purpose, etc.) of your travel (on our website). Additional documents which are not included on the list may be asked upon assessment.

The correct photo size is 4.5cm x 4.5cm with white background. Wearing of hat or scarf on the head is not allowed. Photo must be taken within six (6) months. Digital photo is not accepted. (You may refer to photo requirement guidelines at the VISA entrance or in our website)

You may download the application form on our website under Sample Forms, on the website of Japan Embassy or you can get it from the Visa entrance of the Embassy or from any accredited travel agency.

Yes, there is only one (1) visa application form for all types of visa. However, for applications for extension for re-entry permit, a different application form must be used. You may download both forms on our website under "Sample Forms"

Click here to see your activities