For Spouse/Child of a Japanese National (Temporary Visit)

Purpose is temporary visit in Japan of Spouse/Child (including special adopted child) of a Japanese National living in the Philippines who has a long-term visa status and who submits a report of residency (Zairyu Todoke) at the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines. 

To apply for this visa, the Japanese spouse/parent needs to stay in the Philippines with long term visa valid for 6 months or over. If he/she stays in the Philippines as temporary visitor, this visa is not applicable.

requirements(All documents issued/prepared in the Philippines must be original except those specifically stated as photocopy.)
  • Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
  • Available at the Embassy website, at the entrance of the Embassy or at any of the accredited travel agencies.
  • Application form should be filled out all items correctly, if item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A].
  • Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature or no date in the form, or with erasures, may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly or wrong information.
  • Specs: 45mm long x 35mm wide, with white background. No eyeglasses.
  • Photo must be taken within 6 months.
  • Please write applicant's name and birthdate on back side of the photo.
  • Photo must be pasted on the application form.


  • If the birth certificate from Philippine Statistics Office (PSA) is unreadable, or has incomplete Information, submit the birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar.
  • If the birth certificate is LATE REGISTRATION”, submit a baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137)
  • If there is no record in PSA, submit Birth Certificate issued by Local Civil Registrar and a Negative Certificate issued by PSA


  • If the certificate is unreadable, submit a Marriage Certificate issued by Local Civil Registrar.
  • If there is no record of marriage in the PSA, submit a Marriage certificate issued by Local Civil Registrar and Negative Certificate issued by PSA. 

Even if you have a multiple-entry visa, you cannot stay in Japan over a half of year in total with a status of “Temporary Visitor” (You need to obtain a status for a long-term stay).

  1. Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If document is other size, please submit copy that is already adjusted in A4 size from its original and without staples or pasting pages.
  2. It is applicant's responsibility to ensure that he/she meet the requirements for the grant of a visa. Submission of any supporting documents not listed above is encouraged (e.g. applicant's economic or social ties with the Philippines, urgent reasons for visit: medical certificate, wedding invitation).
  3. Submission of requirements does not guarantee issuance of visa.
  4. If document submitted for application is verified by Embassy or Consular Office as fake or tampered, visa is not issued.
  5. Documents submitted for application will not be returned.
  6. A photocopy of documents issued/prepared in Japan is acceptable. However, the Embassy may request the submission of the original document, if it is necessary for inspection
  7. Applicants are given three (3) months to submit additional requirements. Otherwise application will be terminated.
  8. Reason for the denial of visa will not be disclosed even if an inquiry is made. At the same time, if a visa application is denied, applicant may only re-apply for the same purpose after (6) months.

Click here to see your activities